Great Performances, Just for You
Seeing work and discovering artists are core components of the WAA Conference experience. Independent Showcasing is an important and popular aspect of the WAA annual conference. Showcases are brief performances, usually 15-20 minutes that allow artists to present their work to an audience of peers, presenters and the general public. All showcases take place in venues in and around the Seattle Sheraton and WAA encourages all its delegates to enjoy these events.
While tickets may be sold to the general public for Independent Showcases, all WAA Conference delegates must be allowed to attend Independent Showcases free of charge.
2017 Independent Showcasing Hours:
- Tuesday, September 5, 7:30 pm - 12:00 am midnight
- Wednesday, September 6, 7:00 pm - 12:00 am midnight
- Thursday, September 7, 7:30 pm - 12:00 am midnight
- Showcase Listings cost $35 for each showcasing artist/group for one location. To add additional time slots for a specific showcase, you MUST purchase more than one listing at $35 in ONE store order.
- If you have multiple artists or locations, each artist or location should be purchased in a separate order.
- Separate store orders will be seen as a new listing for a different showcasing artist/group in a different location.
- To place a showcase listing, all performers referenced must have representation in the exhibit hall (WAA's Commons) at the 2017 Western Arts Alliance Annual Conference.
- For listings to appear in the PRINTED conference program, they must be received no later than Friday, July 28th at 5pm PST. No exceptions will be made. Listings received after this date will appear online and in the mobile application.
Showcase Listing Terms & Conditions
- While WAA is not responsible for any independent showcase, WAA does encourage all conference delegates to attend, and showcase participants can market directly to those delegates via WAA's online Showcase Listings and in the WAA Conference Guide (provided that showcase times conform with the official Conference Schedule).
- All artists listed in the showcase listing must be represented by a registered exhibiting organization. WAA will not publish any times for showcases of non-represented artists in the WAA Conference Guide or on the WAA Conference Website; this applies both to showcases produced in the host hotel as well as those produced at off-site venues.
- Tickets for an independent showcase may be sold to the general public only. All WAA Conference delegates must be allowed to attend Independent Showcases free of charge.
- Only Independent Showcases that conform to the official Conference Schedule’s Independent Showcasing timeslots will be published online or in the Conference Guide. Independent Showcasing may exceed these hours, but any that do will not be promoted by WAA.