City of Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks, CA
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced and self-motivated individual to drive customer satisfaction, foster and maintain positive working relationships with Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza’s Bank of America Performing Arts Center (BAPAC) resident companies, promoters and presenters, BAPAC partner organizations, and City departments. Below are some of the key initiatives on the horizon for the Theatres General Manager.
- Plan and execute marketing and sales strategies to attract additional rental clients and increase attendance at events;
- Continued development of new service techniques with a goal of maximizing patron satisfaction, improving revenue and controlling operating costs;
- Assist with the development of a people strategy that will align resources and establish priorities that support the Cultural Affairs Department’s mission, vision and values;
- Diversify programming to meet the changing demographics of the region;
- Recruit and maintain an appropriate pool of volunteer users to meet staffing requirements.
We are seeking an innovative and proactive Theatres General Manager who will be responsible for supervising and overseeing all operational activities for BAPAC. The Theatres General Manager will be responsible for supervising and coordinating theatre administration, front-of-house operations, box office, technical services, concessions/merchandise, and maintenance. The Manager also interacts closely with theatre patrons, artist representatives, resident companies, theatre rental clients and partner organizations.
The position leads and guides a Cultural Affairs Department staff of approximately 60 employees and 350 volunteers. This is an essential senior management position reporting to the Cultural Affairs Director.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, arts management, communications or a related field is required.
- The position requires a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible arts management experience including three years of management and administrative responsibility.
- The ability to work a flexible, non-typical work schedule including weekends, evenings and some holidays.
- A valid class C driver’s license is required.
The City of Thousand Oaks offers a competitive total compensation package. The annual salary range for this position is $94,954 - $142,431. Compensation level is determined by qualifications and experience with the anticipation of appointment at or below the range mid-point. The City provides an excellent benefit package.
For additional information and to review the recruitment brochure, please visit www.toaks.org/jobs
How to Apply
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please visit our website at www.toaks.org/jobs to apply online.
Final Filing Date: Friday, January 27, 2017 by 5:00 p.m PST.
- Posted 12/21/2016