The Artistic Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the entire Artistic Department. This position reports to the Director of Programming and will work closely with the Executive Artistic Director, Programming Manager and the Artistic Coordinator performing the administrative functions required for the smooth execution of SFJAZZ presentations. This position will play a key role in establishing strong administrative foundation and processes for the work of Artistic Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work as administrative assistant for the Artistic Department
- Assist the Executive Artistic Director and Director of Programming as needed and requested
- Update and ensure all performances are entered in Artifax Google Calendars
- Review and track all contracts for SFJAZZ shows for the season and the summers
- Update information in Artistic Booking Sheets and Season at a Glance Sheets on Google Drive
- Create offers through Filemaker as requested by the Director of Programming and the Programming Manager
- Responsible for sending 8-week flight reminders to agents/managers/artists and for following up on all artist paperwork (contracts, archival releases, etc.) needed for the department
- Process quarterly CA Franchise Tax Board withholding reports and payments
- Process quarterly ASCAP, SESAC & BMI royalty reports and payments
- Process monthly credit card reports (Executive Artistic Director, Director of Programming and Programming Manager)
- Maintain and update season performance/artist files
- Maintain and update offsite venue booking calendar, liaise with venue contacts, and process venue contracts and payments
- Work closely with Logistics Coordinator to determine hotel room needs for the season and summer
- Provide administrative support in all aspects of services provided to artists i.e. issue contracts and arrange payments and withholdings if applicable, check requests, artist guest list etc.
- Assist as needed for current season’s hotel, air, ground transportation arrangements
- Provide administrative support for the SFJAZZ Collective as needed i.e. maintain rehearsal schedule, residency and touring calendar including “SFJAZZ Collective” Google calendar, and contracts, payments and withholdings as needed
- Coordinate trademark renewals as needed
- Perform special projects as needed
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal skills
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise and diplomacy
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow-through
- Flexibility in dealing with changes and ambiguities
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic with great attitude
- Proficient in FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, and G Suite
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience in the performing arts industry is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 33-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
SFJAZZ Mission Founded in 1983, SFJAZZ is a recognized international leader in jazz creation, presentation, and education. SFJAZZ explores the full spectrum of jazz, from the music's origins in the Caribbean Basin and African American community to its diverse present-day expressions around the world. As a nonprofit organization, SFJAZZ works to develop the audience for jazz in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. SFJAZZ celebrates jazz as a living art form, built on a constantly evolving tradition.
Contact Kate Sylvester, Director of HR at email@example.com