Join the Team at Mount Baker Theatre
Mount Baker Theatre brings big events to Bellingham, gives local happenings a home, and stands as a living, interactive reminder of the bygone era of luxe theatres on the west coast. Whether its Broadway tours, concert headliners, famous authors or a local poetry slam, our events are varied and our schedule is busy! Help us make great things happen in our gorgeous historic facility.
Live in Bellingham, WA--
Continually ranked on "top ten" lists of the best places to live, Bellingham, WA sits in the sweet spot between the coast and the coast range--something locals like to call "from ski to sea." It is an easy drive to either Seattle or Vancouver BC for big city access, and the surrounding agricultural area is both fertile and festive (think raspberries and wineries). Bellingham has a great arts community, three universities, and the feel of a big city in an easy-to-navigate small town.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Overall management of MBT Box Office, its staff, and all transactions supporting ticket sales or in-person / by-phone donations.
Box Office Personnel Management:
- Hire, train, schedule and manage ticketing staff to adequately handle both high and low volume days without overstaffing, including “Night of Show” or “Ticketing Lead” designated staff.
Box Office Systems Management:
- Build and manage inventory in the system for sale based on contracts and budgets which are either internal or from approved and confirmed rental agreements. Work closely with Digital Communications Specialists to keep all online information/sales functionality synched.
- Work with all presenting bodies, internally and externally, to have the correct discounts and offers built into price charts and calendars on the shows to support presenters’ promotional initiatives such as pre-sales, VIP sections, consignment, student or senior tickets, password-protected discounts, and more.
- Work with Development to ensure Memberships and donations that come through the Box Office are processed and allocated correctly; also that Member benefits which affect ticketing operations are delivered to the correct patrons.
- Deliver sales reporting to internal and external presenters to track ticket sales.
- Work with Sr. CRM Operations Mgr. and Digital Communications Specialists to develop and administer workflows for internal and designated renters’ “season ticketing” or packaging initiatives.
- Handle all normal retail sales reconciliation methods and best practice for sales channels.
- Ensure all “night of show” duties are completed, including providing necessary documentation for “night of show” settlements, and communicating potential night of show issues to house staff.”
External and Internal Relations:
- Work to develop and maintain high standards of customer service throughout all box office personnel, drive a “solve the problem, plus . . .” level of service.
- Work closely with promoters, show personnel, staff and the public.
- Work to find ways to share information collaboratively between department and within the Box Office staff, so that “front line” learning can be shared through the organization, and organizational decisions, policies, specific show facts and promotions can be top-of-mind for Box Office staff.
- Other duties as specified by the Sr. CRM Operations Mgr., Associate Executive Director or Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Box Office is a key customer-facing asset of our operation, instrumental not only in selling tickets to live entertainment, but in acting as an ambassador of our brand for donors and as a general concierge for the Downtown Arts District. As a primary public representative of the Theatre, the Box Office Manager must maintain a positive and friendly image at all times.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Box Office Manager or Assistant Manager role required at a venue with professional acts, detailed show contracts, and a donor/subscriber base.
- Experience with AudienceView CRM/Ticketing platform preferable, or experience with a similar ticketing platform required.
- Proficiency in Excel required, experience with Smartsheets or other collaborative work system software preferred.
- Ability to keep calm, productive, and pleasant in a job that requires attention to several different operations simultaneously, satisfying customers who are occasionally irate, assisting the House Manager in emergencies, tight deadlines, and working in a creative but sometimes chaotic atmosphere.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a salaried, full time position managing operations that are open beyond the MBT Administrative hours of 8:30-5:30pm. Ensuring all shifts are covered and have appropriate levels of managerial oversight might require evening or weekend hours for more complicated events or busier times of year. This is an exempt management position. Attendance is sometimes required at corporation meetings and significant public events at the Theatre.
Email resume and cover letter to cindi@mountbakertheatre