Deadlines & Fees
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 13 @ 5 pm PST
- Application Fee: $95 non-refundable. If selected, your application fee will be applied to your showcase fee.
- Showcase Fee: $800
- Membership: Non-members may apply, however, selected applicants must have a current membership by June 2020. Please visit the Membership Page for a breakdown of dues and membership tiers.
Membership with WAA is not required to apply for a Juried Showcase, however, if selected the artist(s) or their manager must be a current WAA member registered for the WAA conference by June 1, 2020.
Applicants must produce evidence of at least two years of touring experience.
Download the Application Checklist
Please note that incomplete or mailed applications or applications received after the March 13th deadline will not be considered.
Completed applications must include the following:
- Completed online application form subbmited via I Want to Showcase. We no longer accept paper applications.
- Artist Statement, maximum 750 characters ("characters" include: letters, spaces, punctuation, etc.).
- Touring Itinerary, including date, location, presenting organization, and presenter contact information. This itinerary does not have to be comprehensive but should include a minimum of three engagements within the last 12 months.
- A stage plot and technical rider specific to the proposed Juried Showcase.
- Current Artist Bio/Electronic Press Kit. Include production photos, brochures, feature articles, and at least one review (in English) published within the last year including the name of publication and date OR a testimonial letter from a presenter that speaks to the artistic quality of the work.
- One high-res digital photo. Please upload the file as artist name_org name. Include in the application or EPK the name of the artist and piece photographed, as well as the representing agency and crediting photographer, when applicable. Please limit to 8 MB and jpeg.
- Video samples of a live performance featuring current works that you will tour. Audio samples map also be submitted, however, the application is being judged by live performance. WAA no longer accepts hard copy DVDs or CDs.
- Successful processing of the $95 application fee.
If you have further questions regarding the application process, please see WAA's Juried Showcase Application FAQ.