Part of this has been transitioned from the WAA Roundup: Novel Coronavirus & the Performing Arts. Please note that all future updates will be made to this page.
Have an article that you found particularly useful that we didn’t highlight or a strategy you’re employing at your own organization that you would like to share with the WAA community? Please reach out to email@example.com.
WAA will also be sending out a weekly newsletter specific to COVID-19 and the performing arts via the Rasa.io platform. If you would like to receive the newsletter, subscribe below.
Highlights (Trending Resources) Updated Weekly
WESTAF COVID-19 Arts Impact Survey | WESTAF | June 1, 2020
A report detailing the results of its survey on the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the creative sector in the western region.
Grants Available | Performing Arts Readiness | May 27, 2020
PPP Load Forgiveness Treasury Guide | The Department of the Treasury | May 22, 2020
Additional guidance regarding PPP loan applications and forgiveness.
Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide | Event Safety Alliance | May 12, 2020
The Reopening Guide addresses health and sanitary issues that event and venue professionals need to consider in order to protect both patrons and workers.
WAA-Specific COVID-19 Updates
- May 19, 2020: Executive Director announces the in-person conference is not viable. Plans for a virtual conference underway. Read the full message HERE.
- April 30, 2020: WAA Conference registration is postponed. Read the full announcement HERE.
- March 24, 2020: WAA has canceled the Tijuana Pre-Conference. Read the full announcement HERE.
The Performing Arts Readiness Project has a number of upcoming webinars pertaining to emergency preparedness and navigating the pandemic. Registration is free and linked below.
6/23/20: Introduction to Emergency Preparedness for Performing Arts Organizations
- Recording for the 4/21/20 session of this webinar is available here.
6/30/20: How to Ask for $ in Tough Times: 12 Tactics in 24 minutes
- Recording of the 5/15/18 session of this webinar is available here.
- Recording of the 2/7/18 session of this webinar is available here.
- Recording of the 5/28/20 session of this webinar is available here.
- Recording of the 4/23/20 session of this webinar is available here.
- Recording of the 5/9/19 session of this webinar is here.
TBD: Community Recovery Through Arts and Culture
TBD: Crisis Engagement: 12 Tasks to Sustain Donors in Turbulent Times
TBD: Disaster Response for Performing Arts Organizations
TBD: Health and Safety in the Performing Arts
- Recording of the 5/14/20 session of this webinar is available here.
TBD: Managing Stress from Home
- Recording of the 5/6/20 session of this webinar is available here.
TBD: Pandemic Planning for the Performing Arts
- Recording of the 4/21/20 session of this webinar is available here.
TBD: Understanding Cybersecurity for Performing Arts Organizations
- Recording of the 1/18/18 session of this webinar is available here.
Past Webinars Recordings
Western Arts Alliance, in partnership with the Alliance of Performing Arts Conference (APAC)*, is helping to organize a series of webinars in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. See the webinars and their recordings listed below.
- Read the Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide, the companion guide to the webinar.
- Read The Legal Landscape of Live Streaming, a resource document created as a follow up to the Ask an Expert webinars Pt 1 & 2. Prepared by JioSaavn, Tamizdat/CoveyLaw, and BigRoom.
4/8/20: Managing Stress from Home
* APAC includes Arts Midwest, Arts Northwest, ArtsReady, Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP), Folk Alliance International, North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents (NAPAMA), North Carolina Presenters Consortium (NCPC), International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY), South Arts and Western Arts Alliance (WAA).
Howlround: Livestreaming Panel, Artists in a Time of Global Pandemic | Recorded 3/16/20
Americans for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource & Response Center
Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) | COVID-19 Resources
Arts Ready | Information During the Impact of the Coronavirus
Center for Disease Control and Prevention | Leading US Response
Creative Capital | List of Artist Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Event Safety Alliance | Multiple Resource Types
Freelance Artist Resource | Resources for Freelance Artists
Grantmaker in the Arts | Multiple Resource Types
Music Covid Relief | Multiple Resources for Music Professionals
National Coalition for Arts' Preparedness & Emergency Response | COVID-19 Preparedness for Arts Sector
National Endowment for the Arts | COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents (NAPAMA) | COVID-19 Resource Page
Performing Arts Readiness | Multiple Resource Types
Theatre Communication Group | Response to COVID-19
World Health Organization | Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings
Arts Midwest | COVID-19 Resource Page
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation | COVID-19 Resource Page
New England Foundation for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource Page
South Arts | General Grant & Funding Opportunities
WESTAF | COVID-19 Resources & Information
Resources by State
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Hawai’i Arts Alliance | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Montana Arts Council | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Oregon Arts Commission | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Oregon Community Relief Fund | Relief Fund for Organizations
- Portland Area Artists Emergency Relief Fund | Artist Relief Fund
- Regional Arts & Culture Relief Fund | Emergency Funds/Artists Relief Funds
- Native Arts & Cultures Foundation | Native Arts Emergency Fund
- Wyoming Arts Council | Emergency Funds for Artists and Organizations
BC Alliance for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource Page
Health Authority Offices by State