SALARY/STATUS: DOE / Full-Time, Exempt
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Cultural Arts Programs and Festivals will manage the day-to-day activities of the cultural arts department including, but not limited to: the Arts and Ideas program, film, theater and music festivals and art gallery. The Director will supervise the Arts and Ideas staff, steward relationships with volunteer leaders, and support interdepartmental collaborations. The Director is responsible for monitoring short- and long-range goals and objectives, overseeing the preparation and administrating of department budgets, and monitoring related expenditures and revenues to provide effective, efficient, and economical fiscal management of department programs.
- BS or BA College Degree is required but Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience in arts and cultural program management.
- At least 3 years’ experience in volunteer management and committee engagement.
- At least 5 years’ experience in customer service.
- Passion for national and international arts festivals, Jewish themed film, theater, books, dance and music.
- Deep knowledge of Jewish culture and arts.
- Strong managerial skills and function well in team settings.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and web-based promotion.
- Demonstrate excellence in customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership and organization skills, be detail oriented, and exhibit good judgement.
- Working knowledge of technical aspects of theater, music, and film.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite, Google suite, and able to learn software systems with minimal supervision.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to lift, pull, climb, kneel, and bend.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do light lifting (maximum 25 lbs. – e.g. box of copy paper) as needed is required.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership