Reporting to the Executive and Artistic Director, the Director of Development is responsible for leading, planning and implementing philanthropic revenue-generating channels. He/she will build and fortify new and existing relationships with top-level donors and prospects to achieve philanthropic goals for Performance Santa Fe. The successful candidate must possess significant sales and personal approach marketing abilities, capitalizing on the organization’s unique assets and donor recognition benefits to encourage increased philanthropic investment. The Director of Development partners with the Executive and Artistic Director to expand and diversify total philanthropic support from individuals, foundations and corporations, particularly in the areas of annual fund and major gifts.
- Plan and oversee all fundraising initiatives such as annual giving, campaigns, grants, major gifts, show sponsorship, endowment, and donor prospecting.
- Partner internally with Finance, Marketing and Communications for engagement on individual giving, event revenue, foundation grants, and other fundraising vehicles.
- Create fundraising strategies to wrap around relevant events, initiatives, and programmatic work; develop strong communications and recognition of donors and prospects to maintain and build upon the strong brand of PSF.
- Oversee the implementation of a newly-introduced Annual Giving model.
- Oversee a “new business” pipeline, actively seeking out prospective donors through data mining strategies, revenue-generating and prospecting events, as well as attending social and charitable events hosted by other civic and cultural organizations.
- Oversee planning and execution of major and ancillary fundraising events (i.e. annual gala)
- Manage staff in gift processing and donor acknowledgement process; maintain open communication with the 5-member Tessitura consortia led by The Lensic Performing Arts Center.
- Maintain a significant portfolio of individual, foundation and corporate relationships to support Performance Santa Fe’s fundraising goals and objectives.
- Identify, qualify, solicit and steward past, current and prospective donors, successfully closing major gifts and multi-year pledges.
- Possess the ability to design individualized giving plans for prospective donors taking into account their specific philanthropic interests.
- Provide monthly revenue and Development activity updates to the Board of Directors as requested.
- Establish annual goals and objectives, and be accountable for ensuring that set goals and objectives are met.
- Be an exceptional communicator and an articulate, passionate and credible public presence for the organization and an effective, strong, inspirational and focused leader within the community.
To apply: send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org