Major Gifts Officer
Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center is an independent, 501(c)3, non-profit organization that operates two spaces: the Bankhead Theater and the Bothwell Arts Center. The mission of LVPAC is to offer a broad range of arts opportunities and experiences to engage our diverse community. LVPAC’s vision: Become the heart of a vibrant cultural arts community.
Position Summary: The Major Gifts Officers will support the overall fundraising efforts of the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center and plays a critical role in increasing individual donor support by overseeing the solicitation of annual gifts of $5,000 to $50,000, including multi-year pledges, corporate gifts and sponsorship.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts ($5K-$50K) from individuals
- Maintain a portfolio of 75-100 major gift prospects and meet donor metric goals related to number of visits, solicitations, etc.
- Support the Director of Development in carrying out the Major Gifts Program
- Attend major gifts committee meetings
- Perform prospect research and data mining using Patron Manager and various online resources
- Track major donors using Patron Manager
- Prepare donor packets for major donor meetings and maintain collateral materials
- Provide assistance with cultivation activities
- Make follow-up calls to lapsed donors
General Development Activities
- Support the Director of Development as needed, including other duties as assigned
- As a member of the Development Department, promote a donor-centric culture
- Work with the Director of Development to create and maintain a corporate fundraising strategy
- Achieve an agreed corporate fundraising target on an annual basis
- Identify, research and approach companies for support for a range of projects including sponsorship, program and general operating support
- Prepare corporate sponsorship proposals
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of current corporate partners, safeguarding relationships, ensuring highest level of customer service and delivery of benefits and work to maximize and increase levels of support
- Issue reports, as required, to funders
- Ensure all partner data is up to date and used to best advantage on Tessitura database system
- Manage donor recognition to ensure all gifts are properly acknowledged and donors are recognized as appropriate
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor degree plus two to five years of philanthropic development experience with a focus on individual donors
- Exceptional donor service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Available to work some evenings and possible weekends to attend performances
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a face-paced environment
- Commitment to advancing arts and culture in the Tri-Valley area
- Solid knowledge in Word and Excel including strong Mail Merge and letter writing abilities.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Knowledge of database software is a plus; such as WealthEngine and Patron Manager/Salesforce
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time in front of computer monitor
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Learn and follow safety procedures
Salary & Benefits:
- Full-time position
- Salary – dependent on experience and qualifications
- Medical/Dental/Chiropractic/Acupuncture/Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holidays
- 403b Retirement Plan with company match
Please e-mail all inquiries along with cover letter and resume to Chris Carter at email@example.com.