**This is a Limited Duration position. Please see information under "Supplemental Information" for details about limited duration assignments.
This posting is for a Limited Duration position. The position is projected to last 6 months.
The Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in all general aspects of the Hult Center marketing department. This position provides support in creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive performing arts venue and event marketing program that expands the organization's visibility, enhances its public image, and increases its sales and audience base.
You are high energy, excellent at multi-tasking, have excellent organizations skills and are self-motivated. You enjoy the hands-on involvement in a variety of marketing projects at all stages, from concept and execution to reports and analysis. You have a passion for the arts, especially in live entertainment. You love working with your team, but you are also comfortable moving forward on your own. You are ready to put your skills to work with an outstanding team.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, must be available to work nights and weekends as required.
Receives supervision from Marketing Director.
May exercise lead direction over administrative/clerical temporary employees.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 at 5:00 pm PST
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
About The Hult Center for the Performing Arts
The Hult Center for the Performing Arts is the beacon of the arts for our community and region and first opened its doors in September of 1982. With two performance halls, The Silva Concert Hall(2,448 seats) and the Soren Theater (498 seats), the Hult Center hosts over 700 events and performances each year that include local resident companies, national touring arts, community performances and many others. The Hult Center also produces the Hult Presents series of programs that welcome national and international artists, from various genres including music, comedy, family entertainment and more to our stages.
Examples of Duties Performed - Duties may include but are not limited to the following
In addition to the full scope of duties of the Program Coordinator - AFSCME, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with marketing campaign tracking including the monitoring of key campaign deadlines, material needs, and settlement preparations; Update and maintain marketing plans throughout campaigns including deadlines, deliverables, analytics and expenses
- Track and input Marketing Campaign Settlements in event management system; responsible for entering all show expenses prior to day of performance and issuing reminders to advertising partners on delivery of invoices
- Coordinates education department outreach into marketing channels.
- Manages resource calendar for marketing team, updating with key details on announces, on sales, key marketing activations, and other items as needed
- Collect and track assets and format for all digital needs; maintain organized asset folders and ensure only approved assets are accessible (note: formatting of assets requires knowledge of Adobe Photoshop)
- Update and maintain digital screen slideshows and trailers; work with designer on a monthly basis to produce slides for all upcoming events;
- Coordinate tracking and reporting across marketing team for collective analytics database including social, email, and web/ticketing
- Track Marketing procurement card; submit card settlement with proper account codes on weekly basis
- Coordinate Press Outreach; organize and distribute bi-weekly calendar press release; update and maintain press database; research and outreach to new press outlets and contacts; oversee calendar updates for Register Guard, Travel Lane County (eugenecascadescoast.org), and other online calendars
- Oversee all Hult Presents and Resident Company post show surveys; assist in coordination and scheduling of season surveys; build and send survey, analyze results and distribute recaps to necessary stakeholders
- Assist with event set-up and staffing for marketing efforts at performances
- Assists with grassroots research and outreach for marketing campaign strategy
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position falls within the Program Coordinator Class, please see qualifications here.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (focus on Photoshop to edit and resize images), Microsoft One Note/Cloud, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF creation – must be highly proficient
- Knowledge of practices and principles of Marketing, in particular live-event marketing and sales
- Ability to work productively in teams and to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
- Must have highly effective written, verbal, and listening communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent. Associate degree or college course work in the assigned area desirable.
Four years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative support experience, including two years experience in the assigned area, or a related field.
Applicants are screened based upon their relevant knowledge, abilities, skills, experience, and training. The selection process varies according to the position and can include such things as screening of supplemental questionnaires, written or skill tests, ability or fitness tests, interviews, and assessment processes. In addition, background investigations and records checks may be required. Some positions also require applicants to have a psychological evaluation and/or physical examination and a drug test prior to employment.
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY THE CITY, GENERALLY, ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION (TESTING, INTERVIEWS) WILL BE CONTACTED.
Current information about the status of a job posting is available by going to www.eugene-or.gov/jobs and selecting "Job Posting Status."
The City of Eugene complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any applicant with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act may request accommodation by contacting an employment coordinator at (541) 682-5061.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the City of Eugene will request all eligible candidates who accept employment with the City to provide documentation to prove they are eligible for employment in the United States.
The City of Eugene is committed to a work environment which values the cultural, educational, and life experiences of each employee. We believe that a diverse workforce enables us to deliver culturally competent service to all members of our community. As part of our commitment to diversity, the City continues to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, people with disabilities, and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.