IMTour™ Launches Special Grant Opportunity for California Presenters and Independent Artists
WESTAF (Western States Arts Federation) invites nonprofit organizations in California to apply for a special onetime funding opportunity to support the presentation of California independent musicians within the state of California. This special opportunity is made possible through the support of one the California Arts Council.
In advance of the spring launch of IMTour.org ™, WESTAF’s newest technology project that is being built to serve independent musicians and presenters, California nonprofit presenters will have a onetime opportunity to apply for grants of up to $2,500 to support the presentation of independent musicians. For the purposes of this project, independent musicians are defined as contemporary musicians producing original and innovative work. In addition to providing new opportunities for California’s independent musicians to perform in their home state, the program seeks to encourage nonprofit presenters to book contemporary independent musicians and introduce their work to new audiences.
Nonprofit presenters may apply for these funds by accessing an online grant form at https://westaf.cgweb.org . The deadline for the grant is May 23, 2016 . Performances supported by the grant need to occur before June 30, 2017. Some of the key eligibility and rules related to this grant are:
- Artists must reside in California.
- The home base for the independent musician must be a minimum of 100 miles from the location of the presentation of the artist.
- Nonprofit presenters from throughout the state of California are eligible to apply. Nonprofit entities that are not generally considered presenting organizations may apply, provided they possess a 501 (c) (3) or the equivalent. In their application, such organizations must demonstrate an ability to successfully present musicians.
- Grants will be awarded for up to $2,500 per performance.
- Organizations may apply for up to two grant awards.
- The application deadline is May 23, 2016 .
- Additional information about this program can be obtained by joining an informational conference call. During the call, potential applicants will be briefed on the program and questions will be answered regarding issues such as applicant eligibility, artist selection, and artist presentation. The informational call is scheduled for Tuesday, April 12 at 1 PM PST. To join the call, please dial 404-602-9526, and then enter the passcode 470713#.
- Potential applicants are encouraged to contact Andy Thomas, the manager of the IMTour program. He can provide detailed information about this special grant opportunity and also about the new online IMTour program. Thomas can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-629-1166.