Explore. Discover. Connect.
Discover a wealth of information about Presenters and Artist/Managers programming and touring work in the West. Western Arts Alliance offers the tools you need to launch, grow, sustain, and deepen your performing arts career. It also connects you with the strongest community of performing arts professionals promoting performance in the West.
Since 1967, Western Arts Alliance has worked to secure the success of its members. Comprised of such performing arts professionals as individual artists, artist managers, presenters, associates and consultant vendors, WAA is devoted to making your membership one of the best values in the industry.
The Code of Ethics of WAA applies to all members.
Artist/Manager: An organization or business representing one or more touring performing artists or attractions.
Presenter: An organization presenting performances.
Associate: An organization facilitating, funding, or supporting the presentation of the performing arts or offering courses in the performing arts. Includes foundations, state arts agencies, and arts service organizations.
Consultant/Vendor: An agency, business, or individual providing services and/or products related to the performing arts.
|Artist/Manager Dues based on gross annual fees contracted for touring. Calculate dues|
|Less than $100,000||$275|
|$100,000 - $499,999||$500|
|$500,000 - -$999,999||$600|
|$1 million and up||$775|
|Presenter Dues based on organization's annual budget for artist fees. Calculate dues|
|Less than $50,000||$275|
|$50,000 - $299,999||$450|
|$300,000 - $499,999||$700|
|$500,000 and up||$775|
- Publish your organization listing and designated key staff in our comprehensive annual directory.
- Receive a free PDF copy of the directory annually.
- Access the directory in our searchable online database.
- Gain valuable insight and expertise from dedicated professionals.
- Have the exclusive ability to rent an exhibit space.
- Save 25% on conference registration and tuition. Plus additional savings when bringing three or more attendees.
- Add your voice to the ongoing mission of creating and renewing performing arts in the western United States, Canada, and beyond.
Members-Only Access on Westarts.org
- Access WAA's Online Directory and Community, where members are able to dialog and share information with each other.
- Set up online accounts for all key staff to access the member-exclusive services.
Year-Round Programs & Services
- Discounts: Receive a 50% discount on advertising, job postings, mailing lists, products and more!
- News: Keep up on industry trends, association updates, conference highlights and member news with our newsletter Western Ways.
- Network: Forge new relationships and strengthen existing partnerships.
- Collaborate: Exchange ideas and find innovations of the field within the online community and at the conference.
- Advance: Sharpen your skills with WAA's Professional Development Institute, Workshops and Seminars.
- Ask us: The WAA Staff is here to help! We offer excellent customer service and support and connection every step of the way.
For more information, contact Harper Brokaw-Falbo, Membership & Communications Manager.
Artist/Manager | Membership dues are based on gross annual fees contracted for touring. WAA defines touring revenues as:
- For an artist – gross fees contracted for performances and related activities (such as residencies) 50 miles or more away from home.
- For a manager/agent – gross fees on which commissions are computed.
- For a fee-based manager – gross fees contracted by artists under management for performances and related activities (such as residencies) 50 miles or more away from the artist’s home.
Presenter | Membership dues are based on total fees paid to touring artists during the most recently completed fiscal year.
Membership Cancelation/Dues Refund Policy
A member requesting a refund for dues will be refunded a pro rata share of unused dues minus an administrative fee equal to 25% of the total dues paid.