Part of this has been transitioned from the WAA Roundup: Novel Coronavirus & the Performing Arts. Please note that all future updates will be made to this page.
Have an article that you found particularly useful that we didn’t highlight or a strategy you’re employing at your own organization that you would like to share with the WAA community? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAA will also be sending out a weekly newsletter specific to COVID-19 and the performing arts via the Rasa.io platform. If you would like to receive the newsletter, subscribe below.
Highlights (Trending Resources) Updated Weekly
Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide | Event Safety Alliance | May 12, 2020
The Reopening Guide addresses health and sanitary issues that event and venue professionals need to consider in order to protect both patrons and workers.
The Legal Landscape of Livestreaming Guide | APAC | April 21, 2020
A general introduction and guide to the legal issues related to livestreaming.
Content Inspiration Gallery for Arts Organizations | Capacity Interactive | Ongoing
A collection of ideas and inspiration to help organizations connect digitally with their audiences and communities.
WAA-Specific COVID-19 Updates
- May 19, 2020: Executive Director announces the in-person conference is not viable. Plans for a virtual conference underway. Read the full message HERE.
- April 30, 2020: WAA Conference registration is postponed. Read the full announcement HERE.
- March 24, 2020: WAA has canceled the Tijuana Pre-Conference. Read the full announcement HERE.
Western Arts Alliance, in partnership with the Alliance of Performing Arts Conference (APAC)*, is helping to organize a series of webinars in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. See the webinars and their recordings listed below.
RSVP Now! 5/27/20: Disruption & Innovation: Creative Performing Arts Responses to COVID-19 @ 11:00am PT/ 1:00pm CT
COVID-19 has profoundly changed our world, our lives, and the arts. The Alliance of Performing Arts Conferences (APAC)* has gathered voices across the performing arts field for a conversation about how they're innovating during disruption. Learn how performing arts leaders have developed and shared educational toolkits, experimented with new dance class models, and moved performances online. The panel will be moderated by Ashley Hanson (Department of Public Transformation), and include Katherine Disenhof (Dancing Alone Together), and other speakers to be announced working in music, theater, and more. We'll focus in on the goals and strategies that made each project successful, leaving time for questions at the end of the webinar. After the webinar, we'll send all attendees a toolkit of resources to help you do it yourself.
Past Webinars Recordings
- Read the Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide, the companion guide to the webinar.
- Read The Legal Landscape of Live Streaming, a resource document created as a follow up to the Ask an Expert webinars Pt 1 & 2. Prepared by JioSaavn, Tamizdat/CoveyLaw, and BigRoom.
4/8/20: Managing Stress from Home
* APAC includes Arts Midwest, Arts Northwest, ArtsReady, Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP), Folk Alliance International, North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents (NAPAMA), North Carolina Presenters Consortium (NCPC), International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY), South Arts and Western Arts Alliance (WAA).
Howlround: Livestreaming Panel, Artists in a Time of Global Pandemic | Recorded 3/16/20
Americans for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource & Response Center
Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) | COVID-19 Resources
Arts Ready | Information During the Impact of the Coronavirus
Center for Disease Control and Prevention | Leading US Response
Creative Capital | List of Artist Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Event Safety Alliance | Multiple Resource Types
Freelance Artist Resource | Resources for Freelance Artists
Grantmaker in the Arts | Multiple Resource Types
Music Covid Relief | Multiple Resources for Music Professionals
National Coalition for Arts' Preparedness & Emergency Response | COVID-19 Preparedness for Arts Sector
National Endowment for the Arts | COVID-19 Resources for Artists and Arts Organizations
North American Performing Arts Managers and Agents (NAPAMA) | COVID-19 Resource Page
Performing Arts Readiness | Multiple Resource Types
Theatre Communication Group | Response to COVID-19
World Health Organization | Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings
Arts Midwest | COVID-19 Resource Page
Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation | COVID-19 Resource Page
New England Foundation for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource Page
South Arts | General Grant & Funding Opportunities
WESTAF | COVID-19 Resources & Information
Resources by State
- Arizona Citizens for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Hawai’i Arts Alliance | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Montana Arts Council | COVID-19 Resource Page
- Wyoming Arts Council | Emergency Funds for Artists and Organizations
BC Alliance for the Arts | COVID-19 Resource Page
Health Authority Offices by State